There are those days when you don’t really care about how people see you, and say “Heck yeah” as you step out to rock the unshaved legs and arms. On other days, you just want to touch your skin and feel nothing but silky softness of hair loss. For such days when you crave baby-soft skin, there are plenty of hair removal options like epilators, body wax, depilatory creams, shaving, etc. Perhaps the most common and trustworthy hair removal technique is waxing legs. But, many still do ponder if they should wax or not.
Pros and Cons of Waxing Legs
There are many myths and fears related to the idea of waxing. For instance, pulling hair out of the skin after pouring hot wax is also about to scare some people! So, let’s fast take a look at the pros and cons of waxing:
Pros of waxing:
- Effects of waxing can last up to six weeks, depending upon the thickness and growth of the hair. This is more efficient than the effects of shaving or using depilatory cream; waxing essentially removes the hair from the roots, and hence, takes longer to re grow.
- When the hair grows back after waxing, it is weaker and thinner.
- During waxing, you not only remove the hair but also the dead cells from the top of the skin. This gives the skin a vigorous gloss. Besides, the pre and post-waxing care, by means of lotions and soothing gels, makes the skin even smoother.
Cons of waxing:
- Well, as everyone knows, the pain factor is the first disadvantage. Even though you finally get used to it, you can still feel the pain of ripping the hair out of the skin, more so in sensitive areas.
- Despite it is argued that minimal allergy is noted after waxing as compared to using epilators, depilatory creams, etc; the reality is that waxing leaves the pores open, thus leaving chances open to infection. If overdone, it can also damage the pores and hair bulbs.
- After hair removal by waxing, you can be left with the skin feeling irritated. Waxing can cause redness, bumps, itchiness, ingrown hair, etc.
To wax or not?
That is the question. Taking all the pros and cons into consideration, we can conclude that while there are some cons to waxing, they can be avoided by proper pre and post care. As a result, you’ll end up with smooth, hairless skin, and the freedom from regular hair removal sessions for a fairly long time. It’s also vital to choose an expert to get yourself waxed and what products to use afterwards, etc. If your tolerance levels are good, then waxing is the answer to get rid of body hair for a long time.
From elegant haircuts to excellent hair colour, from advanced hair treatments to some of the best facials in town, Just Flaunt is your one-stop Hair & Beauty Salon that delivers incredible services. You can also enjoy luxurious treatments by our certified & experienced hairstylists & beauticians. We make use of only top of the line products & equipment, along with a focus on hygiene & safety.