Dry Skin Care Essentials for Everyday
Dry skin care doesn’t have to pop-up in your mind, just when the winter is around. It is also caused due to various factors like your genetic disposition, age, nutritional deficiencies, and lifestyle. Surprisingly, dry skin can occur due to the usage of household products like detergents, cleaning agents or even air fresheners as per WebMD.
The condition of dry skin looks and feels flaky; is uncomfortable, itchy and cracking. Apart from the discomfort it brings, it also makes you feel conscious of your appearance. And that selfie goes for a toss!
Whatever the reasons for your dry skin are, rejoice there is always a home remedy! They work on your skin as good as a grandmother’s food recipe. Change begins at home, and so do remedies for dry skin!
Dry Skin Care Tips:
Moisturize: The easiest way to keep dry skin at bay, is to regularly moisturize your skin, especially post showers. Try to make sure, the lotion that you use, work for your skin type. If it doesn’t, consider switching to other available products in the market. However, if your regular body lotion is not doing the trick for you, below are the various substances you could use:
- Petroleum jelly: A go-to product for all skin types, including Sensitive skin. Petroleum jelly is gentle on skin, as it does not contain many chemicals that could further worsen your skin condition. You can apply it as often as you like, even on your lips.
- Ghee: This do-gooder isn’t just the essential fat your body needs, but is an all-rounder when it comes to treating it’s inside and outside. Apply pure ghee in slow and circular motion on your face and affected areas of the body, for a few hours pre-shower.
- Coconut Oil: Yes, coconut oil that is normally believed to grow your body hair if applied is a myth! If anything, the oil that adorns your shelves helps lock-in and replenish moisture in your skin. Apply on dry areas and leave it in.
Maintain: While you could have as many quick fixes for dry skin care, as you like and afford, it is always smart to ensure taking care of your condition is not just skin-deep.
Your diet could make all the difference, as food affects you at the cellular level. A regular intake of foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids – found in fish and flax seeds, Vitamin A contained in Sweet Potatoes & Vitamin E in Nuts and anti-oxidants available in fruits and vegetables are highly recommended! All of this, while you guzzle down the required amount of water, to keep yourself hydrated.
Prevent: As the old adage goes, “prevention is better than cure,” a few lifestyle changes can topple dry skin.
- Avoid taking long hot showers, and stick to luke-warm water, as it is just right to remove dirt and excessive oiliness.
- Protect yourself with rubber gloves, while you are at scrubbing your house or doing the laundry.
- If you are up for a swim, make sure to take a shower afterward with a mild soap.
If your skin condition persists, perhaps it is best to knock at a dermatologist clinic. However, if you are in the mood of pampering your skin, you are just an appointment away from here: Book My Appointment