Do you have unruly, damaged, unmanageable hair? Then look no further. Cysteine hair treatment will come to your rescue and will ensure that your hair stays in place and look gorgeous.
Know everything about cysteine hair treatment which includes cysteine hair treatment pros and cons, side effects, cost, precautions and FAQs.
We specifically cover the following:-
What Is Cysteine?
Cysteine is a form of hair protein and works with the already existing proteins in your hair to soften and release all the curls and waves from your hair.
It is a natural absorbent and thus easily penetrates deep into the hair shaft to deeply nourish and condition hair in order to improve their overall strength.
It gently smoothes away the unmanageable curls and frizz with ease. Moreover, it forms a protective shield on your hair to protect it from further damage.
What Is Cysteine Hair Treatment?
It is the latest hair straightening and smoothening method, which is slowly gaining popularity.
You must have heard about keratin treatment, but what is cysteine treatment? We will answer all your questions related to this treatment.
Cysteine treatment uses the cysteine complex, which is a non-essential amino acid naturally occurring in Keratin to straighten, strengthen, and smoothen hair. It adds shine to dull hair and protects from further damage. This treatment is known for getting rid of excessive frizz and dryness.
Know the pros and cons of cysteine before you finalize the hair treatment.
Cysteine Hair Treatment Vs Keratin Hair Treatment
Cysteine complex is part of the Keratin group. Both the cysteine and keratin hair treatments are not much different from each other.
Both are expensive and temporary. However, there are a few features which make cysteine hair treatment distinct.
- Cysteine hair treatment is free from chemicals which makes it safe for use even by pregnant women.
- It does not contain formaldehyde or its substitute, which are present in most keratin treatment products.
- It is considered a gentler treatment as opposed to Keratin.
- It is so safe that even children who are above the age of 12 years can get it done.
- Possible to do cysteine hair treatment at home versus visiting the salon every time you want keratin treatment.
- It fades away easily without making it look obvious. (You won’t look like a mess when it wears off.)
- The new hair won’t grow out to be curly or wavy after cysteine hair treatment. In other words, as your hair grows, you won’t see a difference between the new growth and the treated hair.
Who Can Get Cysteine Hair Treatment?
It is a treatment recommended for hair which has become dull and damaged with the regular use of harsh chemicals.
If your hair is limp and lifeless, cysteine hair treatment is the way for you.
This hair treatment has proven itself as a boon for women with curly and frizzy hair. It reduces about 60 percent curl volume of ethnic hair and 70 percent curl volume on Caucasian hair. Overall, it is able to reduce curls by 50 to 60 percent.
However, cysteine hair treatment for thin hair is not such a good idea. Women with thin hair should avoid this treatment as it can make your already thin hair look even flatter.
If you have recently coloured your hair, then you would have to wait for at least two months before getting this treatment.
As part of the treatment, you are advised cysteine complex shampoo, conditioner and serum. Also, you’ll have to use it for the next few months. And you cannot wash or even tie your hair for the next two days after getting this treatment.
Other precautions that you must take:
- Avoid sulphates. Use sulphate free shampoo
- Use cysteine based serum to elongate the life of the treatment
- Avoid swimming for at least a month
- Avoid chemical treatment
- Get hair spa at least once a month
- Stop the use of henna
- Avoid the use of chemicals
- Prevent frequent washes. Shampoo thrice a week.
- Avoid metallic dyes
- Do not oil your hair
Don’t get intimidated by the number of things you have to avoid. The results of cysteine hair treatment will be worth all this effort. But you would have to prepare yourself for this months’ long commitment.
Overall, cysteine hair treatment will work wonders for your hair whether they are dull and damaged or curly and frizzy. Before taking a decision, give it a serious thought, consider all the facts, and consult your stylist. If you feel you can commit to this treatment, then you are ready.